Sunday, June 17, 2007

A Gospel-Changed Life

Participants Guide / Galatians 1:10-24

15But when God, who set me apart from birth and called me by his grace, was pleased 16to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, I did not consult any man, 17nor did I go up to Jerusalem to see those who were apostles before I was, but I went immediately into Arabia and later returned to Damascus.
Last week we examined the life of Paul before, during and after his Damascus road conversion. We each have a story of how the living God entered into our hearts and transformed our lives. If we have not yet experienced that or have never thought about the events that led to our conversion, then let us look at Paul’s urgent plea to the Galatians to hear the message of hope, truth and love.

Paul’s knowledge of Christ was not simply founded on facts and figures he had memorized, but it was a profound spiritual and personal relationship that Jesus Christ, himself, developed with Paul. Jesus was delighted to reveal himself in and through Paul, so that he might transform his life and others.

Have you been transformed? Can you see your calling from birth and the active grace of God in your life? If so, and you are willing to share that please do so here. You can read the story of my gospel changed life here.

When I was very young, my parents argued over the direction of my faith. My mother is Methodist and my father is Catholic. I was baptized Catholic, but my earliest memories of going to Church were with my mother & grandfather. They would go to church while I attended Sunday School. As I got a little older my father decided he wanted me to attend CCD classes, which were at a Catholic Church. In my house there was never any continuity in regards to faith... (read more)
This week we will be discussing Unity in the Gospel at the Burke's. Please remember to bring a copy of the participants guide with you on Wednesday.

No comments: