I want to let you all know about an exciting opportunity for the New Year! From Dec. 29th to Jan. 2nd, there will be a conference in D.C. for college students and young adults. The conference will be held at the Doubletree Hotel. The cost is $235, which pays for all conference events and 4 nights in the hotel. However, since we have the option of commuting from MD, we can choose not to stay in the hotel, and instead can purchase day passes. This cost is $25 per day (which would be $125 for all 5 days).
About Campus Outreach
This conference is sponsored by Campus Outreach, a reformed Christian ministry for college students. Campus Outreach is mostly at colleges in the Southeast right now, but will be moving to colleges in MD in the next five years. I recently graduated from Elon University, where I was involved in Campus Outreach as a student. Now I will be working on staff with this ministry at Elon for the next four years. I am currently back home in MD, working on raising my financial support for the time that I am on staff. While I am at home, I am attending church at Covenant of Grace and have started to get involved with Spectrum and YARF.
I want to include Spectrum in this awesome opportunity and give you all the chance to hear about this conference and consider it as a great option for a way to ring in the New Year!
What Does the New Year’s Conference involve?
This conference will have hundreds of students from colleges in SC, NC and VA (and WE have the opportunity to represent MD!). There will be awesome teaching – with a number of conference talks, as well as smaller, topical seminars to choose from. There will be live music and opportunities to worship with hundreds of other believers. And we’ll ring in the New Year with a live concert on New Year’s Eve! The teaching will challenge students who want to go deeper in their walk with God, learn how to be laborers for Christ, and be equipped to make an impact for the Kingdom. The conference also is great for students who are spiritually interested and want to see more of what a relationship with Christ is all about.
The Impact this Conference Can Have
I have attended this conference every year that I was in college. Each year, the things I learned were life-changing! I learned things such as, how to study the Bible in-depth, share the gospel, and practice the presence of God throughout the day. I grew in my passion for discipleship and doing ministry and gained a vision for how my life could be used to help advance the Kingdom.
Conference Speakers
This year’s conference looks like it will be just as powerful. I know each of the speakers personally, and can verify that they are awesome! Matt Bradner, the keynote speaker, is the regional director of Campus Outreach in Virginia. He has the gift of using illustrations in his talks in a very relevant, applicable way. Duce Branch is a Christian hip-hop artist and associate pastor of an inner-city church in Philly. Ashlee White discipled me during college, and is a great speaker – very gifted at expositing Scripture. And Dr. Mike Ross is the pastor of a PCA church in Charlotte, NC. He is extremely knowledgeable and very passionate about our generation of young adults.
Check it out!
I would LOVE to have you all join me at the Legendary Conference in D.C. this year! What better way to ring in the New Year than to spend it growing in your walk with God, worshipping and being able to fellowship with hundreds of other believers?!!
Check out the website for more details: http://www.legendaryconf.org/
Please contact me if you have any questions. And if you decide to register, please let me know because I am the staff person representing students from the MD area!
Campus Outreach’s website is www.cocharlotte.org if you want to check out more about this ministry!
Stephanie Martz
Campus Outreach Charlotte
Elon University Staff
443.605.3689
www.cocharlotte.org
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
D.C. New Year's Conference - An Exciting Opportunity for Spectrum!!
A message from Stephanie Martz:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment